Chinese autonomous driving company, WeRide, along with global automakers, Ford Motor Company, and Mercedes-Benz R&D have been named winners at the 2021 edition of AutoTech Breakthrough Awards conducted by leading market intelligence organization AutoTech Breakthrough.
WeRide received the “AutoTech Startup of the Year”, Shopmonkey was named as Auto Repair Solution of the year, Ford won the Overall Electric Vehicle of the Year even as the Automotive Infotainment Solution of the Year was given to Mercedes-Benz Research & Development, North America Inc at the annual program which recognizes innovation in automotive and transportation technologies around the globe.
Other winners of the Autotech Awards include:
- TuSimple as the overall Transportation Tech of the Year
- Aurora Labs as the overall AutoTech Solution of the Year
- Chargetrip as the Navigation Technology Solution of the Year
- GIG Car Share as the Car Sharing Service of the Year
- IRP Systems as the overall Electric Vehicle Technology of the Year
- Infineon Technologies as the Driver Safety Solution of the Year
- Wilson Electronics as the Connected Car Innovation of the Year
- DriveU.Auto as the Driverless Vehicle Solution of the Year
- Sibros as the Data Management Platform of the Year
- Aeva as the overall Auto Sensor Company of the Year
- Geotab as the Vehicle Telematics Company of the Year
- CryomatiKs as the Engine Tech Solution of the Year
Further insights on the Autotech Awards Program
Bryan Vaughn, Managing Director of AutoTech Breakthrough Awards said that “we had an incredible number of deserving nominations this year. And those who made the winners circle this year truly exemplify the best in transportation solutions across the globe. We extend our hearty congratulations to the 2021 AutoTech Breakthrough Award winners.”
This year’s program attracted more than 1,400 nominations from over 15 different countries throughout the world. In categories including – Connected Car, Electric Vehicles, Engine Tech, Automotive Cyber Security, Sensor Technology, Traffic Tech, and many more. The nominations were evaluated by an independent panel of judges within the larger technology industry, who have personally worked within the automotive space. The winning products and companies were selected based on a variety of criteria, including the most innovative and technologically advanced products and services.
The global transportation industry is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% through 2027, reaching a value of $7.8 trillion by 2027. AutoTech Breakthrough says it is passionate about what transportation technology can do for the world and expressed its commitment to providing a platform for recognition dedicated to standout automotive and transportation companies, services, and products throughout the world.